Here at Papasan Properties we have been completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for our KW Relief efforts. As we look back at the week, we not only want to say THANK YOU but recap the progress made. There is still so much work ahead of us, but TOGETHER we made a HUGE IMPACT this past week. That difference was never so evident than on the faces of the homeowners who have been hit hardest by Hurricane Harvey. The hugs alone spoke volumes!
What we've accomplished at PPG:
- PPG team members have been picking up donations all over the city to help stock our KW Command Center in Houston
- PPG team members are rotating shifts in Houston ALL week to provide hands-on help to those in need
- PPG sponsored a fundraising event at Kendra Scott 8/31 to raise additional money for KW Cares
- As part of our in-house donation drive and fundraising, the PPG team has raised $70,000 to date
- Jay Papasan and Gary Keller will be donating $5 to the Salvation Army for every book sale for The ONE Thing in the month of Sept. At the current pace, that will be $50,000+.
What we've accomplished at KW Cares:
- In the first 36 hours, KW raised over $4M towards the $20M goal
- 2150+ volunteers through the doors of the command center to support our efforts
- 75+ homes cleared
- 12 Semi Trucks have come in with necessary supplies
- 50+ large box and moving trucks filled with relief supplies donated from KW Agents and families
- 200+ Families have come through our doors to collect the necessary supplies to begin rebuilding their lives
What is Ahead for the Relief Efforts:
- Our annual MegaCamp with 18,000 registrations has been replaced with MegaRelief and attendees will be aiding in relief efforts
- Our fundraising efforts at KWRelief.org continue, please select "Austin - SW" as the market center and "Hurricane Harvey Relief - PPG"
If you know of anyone needing assistance, or would like to make a monetary or time donation to our efforts- please visit KWRelief.org.